Saturday, October 06, 2007

Trekking with Terriers & an Angel

'Welcome to d jungle ...'
Went trekking at Gasing Hill recently n guess who tagged along, d Dog Squad terrier gang of Jr, Jackie n Russell. Was deir 1st time in d jungle, so I pretty much hd to show dem d ropes n proper jungle etiquette. D JRTs Jackie n Russell were true rascals, tugging, pulling n lunging for anything dat moves. Deir owners kept dem on leash mostly just in case. At times ven dey were allowed to run, dey kept coming n harassing me for my ball. I’m not too keen on sharing my stuff so I snarled n told dem to play with deir own.

Hv yet to figure out wat’s so tempting bout my ball, so much so dat most dogs tend to prefer playing with it rather then deir own toys. Mayb its d thrill of d chase … rather then d prize itself. Dogs cn b funny dat way.



















Jr d Silky enjoyed running n getting all wet in d small pools n streams. As he hd a lot of long sweeping fur, he was a real sight ven soaked to d skin. Some of us thot he was a stray dog who joined in just for fun.










On another occasion, even Angel d Border Collie accompanied me for a trek. She sticks very close to her owner so she’s pretty reliable off leash n can walk on d beaten track. I prefer walking off d beaten track n am only dependable ven my tennis ball is in sight. Otherwise will b off hunting for furry jungle creatures n possibly end up upsetting d Gasing Hill eco-system in d process.

Now Angel is a true blue Collie n will always go into herding mode ven she notices me sprinting up n down for my prized ball. Gvs me d headaches ven she just keeps running circles around me ... n she dun stop till she's done 20 laps around me, seriously. This made me real giddy n was glad dat she finally took some time out to stay still n pose for photos.

Notice her silly grin as opposed to my seriously steadfast posture as I was trying very hard to steady myself n get my bearings in place. Even got to d stage whereby I hd to prop up an ear n a leg to prevent myself from tipping over.

For d next trek, will remind my humans to bring along a couple of real sheep to keep her occupied.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Whoooo! What fun it was...We have to go there someday too but is it too hilly? I'm not too keen about those steep hills.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

9:14 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Hello! I'm Ralph and think you're a cool JRT.

Woof,
Ralph

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a really cool post. Hahaha...the sheep is a good idea to keep angel off from you

4:29 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

It looks lie you're all having a blast! Lots of good water to play in, too!

Sparky

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Treat Counter