Monday, February 25, 2008

Why Flyball?

Ever wondered why they call this game … Flyball? Well, think I’ve got it figured out. Observe the following pics. As you can clearly see, not only are we gliding over the hurdles but notice that our ears are flopping wildly in the air to give us that extra lift. Superman needs a cape, we only need our ears. It is more obvious when you have folded ears, those with pricked ears will have a lesser floating sensation. Does make us look a little goofy …. but hey, anything to help us increase our hang time in between the hurdles.

Ball … oh, that piece of thing between our mouths, yup that just happens to be there. Put 2 and 2 together and you get Flyball!

Also wish to congratulate Pacco n Russell on making the leap into flyball territory last Sunday. Pacco did exceptionally well and completed the whole relay sequence for the first time to earn her flyball wings, groovy! Russell also made the ball retrieve from the box which was neat. Now he just has to figure out how to get back to the starting line instead of going on his runabouts after snapping the ball. Cool, now I have 2 more mates to run the flyball relay with. Will need another 1 to make the team complete … paws crossed.

Heard that PAAPP Penang will be having mock flyball trials in July 2008. Likely to be a 1-on-1 race instead of a 4 dog team relay as there isn’t enough dogs to go around at the moment. The PetnYou Flyball Squad should be ready for some real hang time then.

8 Comments:

Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

i got pretty excited with myself being able to bash that box..

now we are busy thinking what in the world can make me faster than hannah....

maybe some extra steroid would help...hah

11:18 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Awesome pictures! I might be joining the trial & I guess, I'll be the only one from Puppy.com who will be joining it. Not sure if there'll be any from MKA...I still have not learned how to use the Flyball box as the one at my training grounds is different. I'm sure you know that. I've been asking mommy to sneak me to your place someday to learn to use that box. Mommy is still not a member of the Penang trial. Penang is a little far so she's hoping that they might do it closer here...I'm always ready for Flyball, even on a hot day becoz I just love balls that fly in the air! Wheeeeeeeeee!!!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

8:14 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

I meant your type of Flyball box...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

8:15 PM  
Blogger Groovy Dogs Just Wanna Hv Fun said...

MKA dont hv a flyball box so they wont b taking part. Penang's box is slightly different from ours, d hole is a little lower almost in d middle of d plank.

Think they allow u to bring ur own box so dat d playing field is level. Now u just hv to convince ppcom to lend u deirs for a weekend. Good luck.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see the box is alive again. keep the sport moving!

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, and they make it look so easy...they just glide!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those hurdles are no match for you guys. You have wings!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

What awesome pictures!! Looks like you had a blast and really gained some air.

Woof,
Ralph

pee-s: please visit my blog to vote for me so I can win the Bissell MVP contest!!!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Treat Counter