Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Strange day for K9s

14 Jan 2007, Msia K9 Day, Central Park BU

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us ‘Me, Russell n frens’

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
‘Benny, long time no c…’

Was looking forward 2 taking part in d numerous games on offer at d annual K9 day event but despite the ‘Open to all dogs’ tagline, d organisers hv strangely decided 2 restrict my participation in my fav Fastest recall n Agility games by placing a 'Beginners Only' stamp on it. Weird coz how on earth do u weed out d beginner dog from d expert dog in d Fastest Recall game, go figure?

Hving bn adjudged an ‘expert dog’, I was told to sit out on dese games as I was overqualified. Cn u imagine dat … I must b d only mutt in d country 2 make it into d celebrated list of ‘Overqualified Dogs Which Shld B Barred From Doggie Games’. Thks 4 holding me in such high regard but c’mon guys … I mayb good, but not dat good. N v r only talking bout casual doggie games here, not trials or competitive events.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us ‘Hey Pacco guess wat, I’m a banned substance!’ … ‘Wat a coincidence, me too’

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
‘Hey Pacco, I get to warm d bench’ … ‘Wat a coincidence, me too’

Pacco my speedster fren also suffered d same fate n was asked 2 sit by d sidelines n wait 4 d so called ‘Expert’ recall race, which never took place … how strange n convenient. Even stranger was dat all d other dogs including seasoned participants n regular past winners, were allowed 2 take part in d ‘beginner’ games. Strange dat dey only singled out me n Pacco as d experts in d field of recall. As far as I cn remember, both of us hv never attended a single OB training session in our lives … hee hee.

Same goes 4 d agility competition whereby all dogs including regular n seasoned agility teams were allowed 2 run, except me … hah, now I’m also deemed an agility expert! Bizarre judging n was even stranger dat d slowest team of d day emerged as agility champions. Strange dat d organisers didn’t c fit 2 restrict d other games (Waggiest Tail, Longest Stay) to beginners only coz most of dem ended up with d same repeat winners on d day. Weird dat dey not only chose 2 limit our participation but also went on 2 cancel d few remaining games dat v were ‘qualified’ 2 take part in.

So I ended up waiting n waiting n waiting till late noon just to take part in d pedantic Longest Stay n new Fastest Ball Retrieve game. Guess I was partially paralysed by all d inactivity coz I managed an unprecedented top 3 placing at d Longest Sit Stay … n u know how much I enjoy dese staying still games, duh. Retrieve game was d only 1 dat I got to stretch my limbs a bit, got tempted by d mud patch n went 4 a walkabout instead of returning 2 my owner … so much 4 being a recall expert, ha ha.

Congrats to Pacco 4 taking home d Fastest Ball Retriever title, Cami 4 securing 2nd place in d Agility competition and Amber 4 winning d Ms Beauty Pageant title n d subsidiary title of Most Intelligent Dog. At least, some of me mates actually made it to d podium based on talent n not d organisers’ indiscretion.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
‘Huh, barred from d games … dats ok, v cn still play in d grass n bushes’


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us If I knew dat dey were only going 2 let me watch from d sidelines, I wldnt hv stayed at d games ring n wld hv gone 2 a corner of d park 2 play with my ball instead n watch d dogs swimming at d lake … which was wat I eventually ended up doing.
Funny dey shld feel threatened by a JRT n a black mutt. Dey shld know better coz ... dogs dun sweat d small stuff.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
‘Piper, cool babe’ … ‘Time out by d lake’

Oh ya, do remind me 2 change my namecard 2 include d following titles: Groovy, Fastest Recall Expert n Agility Expert, sweet!

Wat was supposed 2 b a day for all dogs turned out 2 b a strange day for K9s.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


‘Strange moves for a strange day’

13 Comments:

Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

That sucks. At least you got to do SOMETHING though.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

10:08 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

hey groovy,

too bad huh. pacco's owner was really upset. so political!

wet wet licks

Boo

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Groovy,

I was there with my little JRT-mix pup, and saw both your owners and you standing by the lakeside looking at the retrievers swimming and retrieving the plastic bottles. You looked pretty bored, huh?

Should ask your owner to post more photos that he has taken with his EOS camera? Those pics must be awesome.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Groovy Dogs Just Wanna Hv Fun said...

Hey buster n boo,
Yup dey shld keep d politics out of it. But humans hv a strnage desire 2 b in control of everything n anything. Dey cn learn sumthing from us.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Groovy Dogs Just Wanna Hv Fun said...

Hey localview, must hv missed ur pup. Shld b a fairly active pup den.

Photos, he's more into dogs in action shots. He thinks he's good but he's not fast enuf 2 capture me n my speedy frens.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Groovy, this is just sad & upsetting! Have you thought of participating in other games you've NEVER tried before??? I mean like one of those silliest games like 'The Waggiest Tail'.

I think I know why they cancelled the two games, 'Hurdle Dash' & 'Best Tricks'. I think not many registered for those games but since the same people participated them over & over again, they decided that there was no point.

I mean, how many dogs can do tricks & since the ones that CAN do tricks already joined the Beauty Pageant which also required them to show off some tricks, they didn't join the 'Best Tricks' lah...I wanted to participate Amber in that game too but Amber had already did during the competition & she already won the title. There was quite a number of dogs participated for the Pageant & all of them can do tricks. So the Pageant kinda like pulled them towards it instead of that game...

Anyway, it was hot then & dogs were beginning to ware out. Buster's right, at least you got to participate in something. I think the next time, try participating in other games you have not given a try. Hehehe...

2:15 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

beauty pageant??!??!? definately my pacco kenot get a chance to do d tricks at d second round at all../....so its still not fair that they assume every1 who know tricks shld already done it over tat side....

5:23 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Everything depends on the judges...If audience could vite too, I & others would gladly vote for you & Pacco too coz I know she's capable of doing some cool tricks!

See, that's why the Registration Area is set up. They want people to tick what games they want to join already b4 they start the day. They don't really wait & call out for those who finally decides to join the games. That's how it goes unfortunately...

So if there was only 3 who joined that game, they decided 2 cancel it lor. OR maybe, it could be for some other reason, I don't know. Why don't you see what happens during the next puppy.com event. I don't think there's politics going on, they prob just wanted to give others (newbies that are new to these games) a chance. I can't tell lah...

9:37 PM  
Blogger Groovy Dogs Just Wanna Hv Fun said...

Hi Mel, hv tried all d games u cn think of except d Musical Chair coz dun fancy walking around in circles.

V hv bn 2 a no. of deir events n v know how dey operate. U cn take part in all games even if u dun register 4 any game.

It's fine if u wanna gv d newbies a chance as long as u apply it consistently to all. It's bad if u just pick on 1 or 2 dogs n let all d usual regular participants n past winners continue to play.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

talking of new games...probably they shld hv high jump n fastest weaver...hahah....u think they will plan for such thing?? i doubt so..

even d long jump was no longer in their event...

but i do appreciate that they at least come up wit a fastest ball retriever...

5:22 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Yeah Groovy, I understand...*sigh* I dono lah...Just hope it doesn't happen in the next event & even to us!

Yeah I think they should start out new games! Those are good ideas Amanda! But how many dogs can do extremely good & fast weaving? So far I know only you, Groovy, Angel & others from your side. Amber still can't do as fast as you guys...The most important thing for each event to have is to have games that EVERY DOGS can do. Hmmm? Let's see, what other games can they come up with???

6:20 PM  
Blogger Groovy Dogs Just Wanna Hv Fun said...

Amanda, high jump, long jump n fastest weave r great games, but if dey know dat Pacco n I r taking part ... den u u know wat will happen lah.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

last week while i went to jt wit some of pp.com member....they do emphasize to me that, they actually wan 2 c so new winner...beside d usual wan...

but its a common sense that in every sport in d world, almost every match had about d same winner....

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Treat Counter