Friday, January 26, 2007

War Stories

21 Jan 2007, Subang

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us ‘Down n out …’

Hd a very, very close call today. Was hving my usual rumble n grumble on d field with me JRT mates, Oreo n Russell. My owner decided dat v were getting too rough n lifted me off d ground with my leash. Out of nowhere, dis enormous Rottweiler/St Bernard mix lunged n chomped into my right shoulder. Definitely 1 of d largest n solidly built dogs I’ve ever seen in my life n it’s weight alone cld hv flattened me.

My other owner swiftly took hold of me n began kicking away at d giant mutt’s throat n jaw. Cld feel d tearing of skin n flesh as d mutt tugged even harder n seemed intent on not letting go. Was like a tug-o-war match, only problem is I was d rope … thot dat I was a real goner den, either dat or I wld end up with 1 leg longer den d other. Was only after 4 -5 neat kicks by my owner dat he managed 2 dislodge my arm from d vice like grip.

Next thing I knew I was back in my owner’s arms n cld tell from her distraught look n constant tears dat dis was serious. I hd a deep long gash all round my shoulder arm n a layer of skin was spliced opened. Cld already c blood n all dat icky stuff thru d gash. I managed a whimper as I looked forlornly at her as she desperately struggled 2 hold d torn bits together 2 prevent any further tearing n bleeding.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
....‘I hd a bad day …’



Just made it 2 d vet b4 dey closed n was already fearing d worst. Didn’t know wat 2 think or say, so didnt say much as I nestled on my owner’s thigh. My owners’ tried 2 keep calm n comfort me but cld tell dat dey were really troubled. So I kept quiet not wanting 2 make d situation even worse.

Doc mentioned dat it was an extensive wound but thankfully, no damage 2 vein, muscle or bone. Went thru an hr’s surgery, received 15 stitches all round n stayed d nite at d clinic. Am walking around with a shaved armpit as a result, looks weird but I cn live with dat. Also hv 2 wear d ridiculous ‘upside down hat’ 2 prevent scratching. Well there goes my dog show aspirations n modeling career. Cld hv bn much worst tho’ … n as long as I dun hv 2 gv up running n my ball, dats all dat really matters.

It’s time for healing n will b out of action for 2 - 3 weeks … dun hold ur breath coz I’ll b back in d old groove soon, as agile n fast as b4. Hv 2 thank my owners 4 being there n feel sorry 4 giving dem untold heartache from d incident. I’ll b fine guys, no worries … u cant keep a good JRT down 4 long. Me mates mentioned dat I must hv bn quite brave seeing how I hardly made a sound or complained during d entire ordeal, even ven being torn
apart.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
‘101 uses for an E-Collar …’


Think I’ve used up 1/3 of my 9 lives, some say it only applies 2 cats … well it hs worked well 4 me up 2 now, so I’m not gonna stop believing in it. Now wat’s an injured dog supposed 2 do for d next few weeks being quarantined indoors. Hah, will hv 2 dig up my owner’s stash of X-Men comics 2 keep me entertained den.

24 Comments:

Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh my my...doesn't look pleasant at all. Just look at that sad face, I've never seen the top Groovy dog with that kinda face be4. He's always happy, full of joy & there's alwayz a disco beat in his head that makes every inch of his body grooving.

Wow, what kinda dog is that! Must be huge...He could easily carry him away with his strong jaws. What did the owner of the rottie mix do?

Well, I hope Groovy will heal back soon which I have no doubt & will go back to his grooving self!

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! So sorry to hear bout the chomping Groovy received. Cant imagine what I would do if Scruffy got bitten like that. Scruffy being the friendly dog that he is has had many close calls but thankfully he has managed to escape unscath except for maybe a few scratches. But the thing is he never learns. He thinks all dogs are friendly.

Scruffy and I are praying for Groovy's swift recovery.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

oh groovy, that wound looks painful. it's time to get more hugs, kisses and treats! your look in the first few photos work all the time.

wet wet licks

Boo

8:55 PM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Ouch Groovy! Heal up quick okay? Paws crossed!

Know what the lampshade cone is good for? Scooping up illegla treats from the floor!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

11:58 AM  
Blogger Groovy Dogs Just Wanna Hv Fun said...

Thks 4 d wishes guys. Will b back in d old groove soon. Nice tip on d E-collar, Buster.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Get well soon buddy!!!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Angie Tan said...

Hey there!!!

Hope that you are doing ok.

Anyway, enjoy that e-collar. I know that it makes a great amplifier. Once you bark once, your bark will be heard many moons away. ;)

12:34 AM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

OMG!!! i couldn't had imagine d situation....

pacco use to got bullied by a big black dog b4...but luckily d dog juz tried to snap n didn;t actually attack....or else, i wouldn't know how 2 react...

hope u get well soon...n we'll hd a great run 2gether...

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jojo said...

which dog cause you tat way..!? send me there!! grr...gr...

11:36 AM  
Blogger Groovy Dogs Just Wanna Hv Fun said...

Haha Jojo, dat fella is almost 2x ur size n more muscular. Not entirely his fault coz his owners cant really handle him due to his size n strength.

Will b removing d stitches dis weekend n hope 2 b up n running by end of next week.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Natasha Fernz said...

Oh my goodness!

Just read about your mishap Groovy! Get well soon...

The owner of the doggie that did this to you should be punished. Having a big dog means you MUST be able to control your dog, esp if it's aggressive!

Take mega doses of Vitamin C to help the tissue heal. Seriously... just ordinary human Vitamin c will do. Take up to 3000mgs a day. It works... at leats until you're all better...

big hug from Cleo...

3:11 PM  
Blogger benjiboy said...

Hope you get well soon, Groovy!!!

3:56 PM  
Blogger de-belle said...

Groovy,

Ouch, i'm sorry for the accident!
I guess the big dog didnt mean it too?

Hope you'll be back on your feets soon!!

Oh yeah oh yeah, saw you and your daddy in PETS latest issue!!

Great photos in there! you and your daddy looked great!!!


Lots of Love,
Loiloi and Sweety

1:57 PM  
Blogger Groovy Dogs Just Wanna Hv Fun said...

Hey Cleo, how do u eat d vitamin C? Just swallow?

Hey Loi2, yup look pretty neat in d mag. Only problem is I dun understand wat dey r saying coz dunno how 2 read Chinese. Care 2 translate or gv me a summary?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Natasha Fernz said...

hey groovy...

well my mommy just shoves 3 GIANT 1000mg Vitamin C tabs from Blackmores or Kordels down my throat whenever I'm not well... and I feel better quite quickly.

I also had them for 3 weeks after she sent me to the vet to be fixed!

Hope you're feeling better...

10:17 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Yah Groovy, saw you and your dad in the mag too. Sleek moves! Hey Fawn, try asking Amber to jump on your feet. LOL, you'll be flatten be4 you know it...Amber's stepped on my stomach be4 & it wasn't pleasant looking. So far no busted organs...heehee!

4:58 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Ouch! Hope you're feeling better. :(

The Brat Pack

10:08 AM  
Blogger Ben & Darling said...

poor Groovy....get well soon ya.

by the way, I have that 2 balls in your cone too.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Groovy, hope u r recovering well after the painful ordeal & be back in action soon. ur frens down under send their best wishes to ya. btw leann's just started kindy and evan's saying "wo...wo!" seeing Groovy's blog. take care youse...

2:31 AM  
Blogger Groovy Dogs Just Wanna Hv Fun said...

Hey Leann n Evan n Perthian,
Am back to normal n running rings around my owners again. Hey, when r u guys gonna get a 4 legged pal in Oz land?

8:36 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hi groovy,good to hear you're up and fit again.
oh,first time posting here, I'm Amber, a black & tan chihuahua. :3
Luv Amber!!

3:40 PM  
Blogger de-belle said...

Groovy,

sorry for the late reply!
so here's a short summary from PETS mag!

The title wrote:
Msian Dancing Superstar K9,
Groovy getting crazy with owner!

Intro:
No big deal a man can dance..
But a dancing dog, is a whole new eye-opener!

Content:
introducing Groovy and owners, explain about the breed of Jack Russells, How Fawn started teaching Groovy how to dance and the standards of K9 freestyle dancing, Fawn and Munyee sharing tips of training Groovy and a short summary of Groovy the superstar!

Hehehe....
Now now, Groovy, when is your first advertisement/photo-shooting session/movie casting will be on the big screen??

All the best! Hope you're doing well already!!

Love,
Loiloi, Sweety and Mommy

12:48 PM  
Blogger Groovy Dogs Just Wanna Hv Fun said...

Hey Loi2, thks 4 d neat summary. Till today, I dunno wat dey wrote bout me. My owners worst still coz dey r bananas. Hvnt met Sweety b4.

U guys going back to East Msia for CNY?

11:43 PM  
Blogger de-belle said...

Groovy,

Haha!! Too bad msia hasnt got an english-based pets mag!! We should do "something" about this!

We brought Sweety to Pet-n-You first anniversary bash last year! She was still a young pup... (i.e. SMALL sized)... Now... =.="

I just got back ro Subang with my Momma... I went to Ipoh then to Johor Bahru again... Had a great time! love the angpaos... hahaha!!! wonder what will momma buy for me.. yea!!

Sweety stayed at Daddy's house in KL.. Momma said she's too BIG to fit in da car nicely.... HAHAHAHA... LUCKY me!!

how about you? how's your cny holiday!


Love,
Loiloi

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Treat Counter